|Updated 23 March 2017
Iaido: Sundays 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Kendo: Wednesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
End times may vary depending on the class lesson plan and number of students in attendance.
2017 Practice Breaks and Scheduled Events
These dates may be modified as the year progresses. Additional breaks and events are sure to be
Weather cancellations will be communicated on this page and via text and email.
- CANCELLED - 28 March, Tuesday - special iaido practice - CANCELLED.
- 29 March, Wednesday - special kendo practice. 7:00 pm start time.
- 1 & 2 April, Saturday & Sunday - Mushinkan in-house iaido workshop. 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- CANCELLED - 5 April, Wednesday - special kendo practice - CANCELLED.
- 7-9 April, Friday-Sunday - Mushinkan iaido seminar. Friday start @ 11:00 am. Saturday & Sunday
start @ 9:30 am. (Possibility of continuation into late evening after dinner break on Fri & Sat. Start
time the following day will be adjusted accordingly.)
- 16 April, Sunday - no practice (Easter)
- 23 April - no practice (Nabeshima Cup, Dallas, TX & Uchida-fest 2017, Denver)
- 14 May, Sunday - no practice (Mother's Day)
- 29 May, Sunday - no practice (Memorial Day)
- 18 June, Sunday - no practice (Father's Day)
- 11 June, Sunday - no practice (AUSKF Iaido Summer Camp, Bryn Mawr, PA. 8-11 June.)
- xx June - Ota Tadanori Sensei visit (tentative)
- Dates TBA - no practice - AUSKF Kendo Summer Camp (location TBA)
- 2 July, Sunday - Practice will be followed by Mushinkan's summer dojo ohsoji and 4th of July burger
- 5 September, Wednesday - no practice (extension of Labor Day)
- October - no practice - SWKIF Fall event (dates and location TBD)
- 22 November, Wednesday - day before Thanksgiving
- 13 December, Wednesday - Last practice of the year. Practice resumes in January, day TBD
Back to Homepage